Currently the club supports
- a women’s refuge – Zonta House, with donations of toiletries and everyday items. Club members collect these items from many sources.The donations are collected and delivered monthly to the refuge.
- education scholarships for young and mature women, the YWPA Award and the Lucy Bohan Nursing Bursary
- the ‘Patricia Giles Centre’ ‘Camps’ program. This program provides counselling, education and support to women and their children who have witnessed and/or experienced violence in the family. The club hosts a biennial special event to raise monies for this and many other programs.
AREA LEVEL (Area 3 Western Australia)
The club supports the Area 3 JMK Women in Business award by encouraging students studying at Business at ECU to apply for this annual award. Click here for more information.
Members are encouraged to attend the following combined club events—
- A training day workshop,and
- The Founders Day Dinner. This dinner celebrates Zonta International’s founding in Buffalo, New York, USA on 8 November 1919.
DISTRICT LEVEL (District 23)
The club supports two District 23 projects—
- Birthing Kit Foundation: – assembly of clean birthing kits for women giving birth at home in remote regions of developing countries where there is a high maternal mortality rate. Check out the video of our last assembly day held in May 2018.
- Breast Cushions – after-care cushions for breast surgery patients sent to all local Perth hospitals. Weekend workshops, held monthly, where members gather for an afternoon of sewing and Zonta fellowship.
INTERNATIONAL LEVEL (www.zonta.org)
One-third of all funds raised annually by the club is sent to the Zonta International Foundation in support of global programs and projects. These seek to improve the status of women in developing countries, to reduce the incidence of violence against women and girls and to provide critical financial support for education, leadership and youth development.