Welcome to the Zonta Club of Perth Northern Suburbs.
A member of Zonta International, chartered on 22 June 1981.
Nearly 30,000 members in 1,200 clubs in 66 countries working together to improve the lives of women and girls.
100 years of empowered women (1919 – 2019)
Nearly 100 years ago, founding member, Marian de Forest dreamed of an organization that would bring together women in executive positions and help them reach their rightful places in the professions that rarely had women leaders. Since the creation of Zonta International in 1919, our members have dedicated the last century to empowering women.
To celebrate these achievements, Zontians around the globe will take part in a two-year celebration to honor the past while heralding the future. Join us in festivities all the way to 2020.
Zonta International is a leading global organization of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
- Zonta International envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognized as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
- In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making position s on an equal basis with men.
- In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy.
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of members.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations and the world.